Doug N. VA7QZ - Repeater grant application & RDEK communications
Randy M. VE7CRX - Technical work, advice & repeater installation
Dan C . VE7MRP - volunteer helper
Dave W. VE7DLS - volunteer helper
Gavin j VE7GSJ - volunteer helper
Jeff X. VA7BAJ - volunteer helper
Claude O. VE7NQ - volunteer helper
COMMITTEE BACKGROUND TIMELINE DATE D /Mo/Yr
Agreement to apply for a repeater upgrade through RDEK 10/02/18
VE7CRX & VA7QZ to take project responsibility 14/04/18
Volunteer Repeater Committee formed 14/04/18
Last formal EKARC meeting due to Covid restrictions 08/02/20
Repeater Equipment Purchase approved and ordered 13/04/19
Mt Baker repeater setup and operating off mountain top 12/10/19
Extension of project granted from RDEK 05/08/20
Mt Baker equipment installed on mountain top 05/09/20
FIRST REPEATER COMMITTEE BUSINESS MEETING
1. Meeting Called to Order (Doug N.) organize, chair, & appoint minutes taker).
2. Reports: VE7CRX
1. Technical work accomplished in setting up repeater equipment. VE7CRX
2. Technical issues yet to be completed (Baker and Thompson) VA7QZ
3. Grant status and RDEK expectations of the EKARC. VA7QZ
4. Controller issues: software malfunction. VE7GSJ & VE7NQ
5. Invermere repeater status and future. Motion?
3. Setup and “burn in” of the Thompson repeater at VE7KPB’s Garage Motion:
That VE7KPB’s offer of his location be accepted and that a full functioning Thompson repeater be installed and successfully operated prior to the mountain top installation.
4. Committee operation concerns: VE7MRP
1. Committee volunteers are not being informed and utilized
Whereas committee volunteers are both willing and eager to be involved with the setup, adjustment and installation of EKARC repeaters on Mt Baker and Mt Thompson, be it resolved that committee members be, as much as allowed within Covid19 restrictions, included in all future repeater activities.
5. Volunteer member to be “Committee Communications Officer”